Other things

Wednesday 13 January 2016

Ego boosting boys

Something funny is happening, I'm not really sure why or how but it is happening and it's fun so I am just going with it: I am back in the world of dating. 

Over the last week or so a couple of dudes have popped up and appear to be interested (I know right, a couple?!). I'm doing my best to be cool as a cue and just go with it. In fact, I feel in quite a good place with all this dating biz. Without overly tooting my own horn I actually feel quite good at dating. God knows I've been on enough dates to not be worried about them, but also the dating bit is always the fun bit - after all it's just drinks, who doesn't love drinks?! 

I'd like to publicly thank Mr Rebellious for my recent positive outlook when it comes to guys. He has been full of the compliments (mainly because he is trying to get back in my, erm, good books) and it feels good to know that someone who once had feelings for me still thinks I'm 'pretty amazing'. That's an actual quote. Again, trying not to be too far up my own bum...

We all need an ego boost every now and again, I have definitely felt like I have been running on empty over the last 6 or so months. It does wonders to feel attractive to someone and actually worthy of somebody else's time. It's important not to put your whole self worth on to the shoulders of someone else but to feel a little boost from it is all good.

My focus right now is still me, I'm still in my persuit of the hottest bod I have ever had and I am totally still on the path to filling my life with hobbies and creative things, all this boy stuff is just an add on. I'm certainly not keen on jumping into a new relationship, I want to have fun, hopefully have fun hanging out and at the very least make some new pals. 

Sometimes I do still feel sad, I still miss what I had with Mr Boy so much - or what I thought I had, but there is no good in focusing on all that. There is good however in being hopeful for the future, trusting in fate and believing everything happens for a reason. 

I've kept a little book of secrets for some months now. I fill it with Pinterest quotes I love but would feel too pathetic to re-pin, texts I wrote but never sent. I have also got a few lists in there. One list is compliments friends have sent my way and another is a list of guys who have been interested over the last 6 months. Perhaps this little book is a little self indulgent but it helps me to remember the good things when I'm having a difficult day focusing on the bad things. Try it. I think you'll be surprised how many guys are actually out there.