Other things

Tuesday 20 August 2013

I'm keeping my cool - somethings not right

I've formed a very unlikely friendship with Mr Double Date. It's surprisingly really nice and making me realise that maybe I can hold down a healthy relationship (when I say relationship, I mean a connection between two people, not boyfriend/girlfriend - I have to clear that up before conclusions are jumped to).

I've met up with him a few times since the this-isn't-going-anywhere conversation and it's been nice and fun. There has even been a few texts exchanged, back and fourth, nearly everyday. What I feel is particularly healthy about this situation is my lack of getting carried away. I am acting so cool as a cucumber.

When I think more about this (obviously in a controlled, un-carried away manner) I consider many reasons as to why this might be. 

Maybe it's because I'm not that interested in him as anything more than just a friend. Maybe I just don't fancy him. But you see, when I consider this some more, I actually think I do fancy him a little. He's cute and my impression of him so far is that he is super reliable - number one on my perfect guy list (which by the way totes needs to be made into a real life list, not to be followed by the book, simply just for laughs). Also when I compare him to my other male friends I do actually find myself attracted to him, whereas I'm not attracted to them. Ew no, they're my friends, not potential boy-ness. 

This kinda brings me on to my second consideration as to why I'm being cool about this. After the this-isn't-going-anywhere chat I did quite literally add him to the pile of guys who I consider just as friends. When someones on that pile you see, it doesn't matter what they think of me, what I look like, weather they fancy me or not - it doesn't matter, they don't need to fancy me. Perhaps I've added him to this pile and therefore there is no buzz, no spark, no crazy.

The most probable explanation for all of this is that we are simply just friends. There is no interest in this going any further for either of us, but we both just find it nice to have someone to text and occasionally see. Well, whatever the reason it's fine by me. I feel fine about things whatever they are and that's progress for me.