Other things

Wednesday 14 August 2013

'Leaving on a jet plane...' (you know the song right?)

Do want to hear my latest fantasy? The latest dream world that I mentally disappeared into whilst squeezed in on the train this morning...

OK.
Tonight I go home, pour myself a glass of red, dig out my credit card and book myself on a flight to Oz.

One morning, in the not too distant future, the folks would wave me off at Heathrow. I'd be scared, I'd probably cry, but it would be good scared. You know the good scared you feel when you're starting a whole new chapter, a new chapter you know your going to grow and learn loads from. A bit like when you start a new job. Yea, that kind of scared.

I'd stop off in LA for a few days and stay in a fancy hotel. I'd see the tourist sights (feel like a Kardashian) and unwind into the carefree traveler way of thinking. Forget work, forget bills, forget doing stuff I have to do. Then I'd board a flight destined for the land of Oz.

I'd land in Melbourne, explore the city for a bit then book myself on a coach trip up the Gold Coast, where I would immediately bond with other travels. I'd poodle around, just going with the flow. All night beach baaaarbie? Sure! Naked midnight swim? Why not?! Fling with fit Aussie surf instructor? Count me IN!

I'd obviously take a trip to Summer Bay and Ramsey Street and take the obligatory FB photos beneath the street sign. I'd cure my OCD by staying in low rated youth hostels along with the Aussie bugs and snakes. I'd go visit my Aunt in Tazmania for a few days rest and catch up with a few school friends already out there.

The best bit for you guys..? I would blog about it. I would be that annoying person posting photos of 'the best sunset EVER!'. Whilst you sit at your desk in your lunch break eating your M&S sandwich, drinking a can of Diet Coke and counting the days until payday, I would be in my bikini on a beach with not a care in the world. I would be sharing all these wild experiences with you guys and my new found, life long travelling buddies.

After my two months stay I would board the flight home (or not, if my plan to get knocked up by that fit surf instructor pulls through) armed with life experiences, stories and a new found life confidence. I'd land back on UK soil and find myself back at home, in the same old town, barely changed expect for me with my whole new outlook and energy for life. I would job hunt and find work doing something different, something fun and creative to fill my time until my next adventure. Gone are the days of living to work, chained to the 9 to 5 desk and focusing on how much more money I need to take home each month to be able to shop in Waitrose full time and to have Sky installed. My new life attitude would be chilled and carefree. It sounds amaze...

I know what your thinking; that this is all a dream, that I've got to be realistic, where is all this money coming from? Well firstly you sound like my mum and secondly I'm no fool, I have assets! I could sell my car, leave enough in the bank to cover my mortgage for two months then just fuck of with the rest. I've thought this through guys.

Now the only question left to answer is this; which months have the best Aussie weather?