Other things

Tuesday 28 May 2013

'Last orders at the bar!'

Yesterday was my last pub shift for a while. Officially I'm having a month or two off, unofficially I'm contemplating never stepping a foot in that pub again. I haven't left momentarily solely because of Mr CBA, although he is a big part of it. I have been juggling two work worlds for nearly two years now; it would be nice to have my weekends back. Also I originally went back there because I loved the job and I missed it. Now it's an awkward six hours on a Sunday that I dread all week. That phrase 'don't shit where you eat' springs to mind...

I'm hoping that I will recoup over the next few weeks and be right back to my old self again, marching straight back behind that bar and giving two fingers to all those asshole guys and girls. I'm hoping I'll be begging for my shifts back. Not sure though, perhaps my pub days are over. Maybe six years of pouring pints to the good old drunks (and perves) of Henlow is enough for me and my Crown alter ego. Hmm, we'll see.

It's funny because that place has been such a huge part of my life, especially over the last few years. I love it there. I treat it like my second home! I know it's a shame to let some boy ruin it, so he won't, don't worry, I wont let him. I've had quite a lot of beef with people in that place over the years and I always out live them. Also, as a back up plan I've got quite good ammunition, I could spread willy rumours about him #justsaying (and he thinks I'm too nice? Mwhahahaha).

All jokes a side it's a relief. I don't have to talk to him, look at him, see him, hear rumours about him and some dumb waitress. I can sort of pretend now that it never happened. Bury my head in the sand. Well, they do say ignorance is bliss.