Other things

Tuesday 23 October 2012

A bit of background information

With this blog in it's early stages of conception, I've been relying on the opinions of my friends to let me know if my ramblings are genuinely interesting. I've been told they sort of are.

One of my work colleges, who I shall refer to as Brooke (she requested this pseudonym - I think she's guna like it). Well anyway, Brooke said that she wants to read more about me. Funny that, I thought I was always quite good at telling people all about myself. I thought perhaps what I need to write is a scene-setting post. So here goes.

I guess I should start back at 16. I suppose I was a typical teenager; obsessed about finding a boyfriend, worrying about what colour Barcadi Breezer to take to Ed's party at the weekend and full of teenage angst about being fat or ugly;
1st July 2003
The past three weeks have gone really well on the diet front. I've lost 9 pounds. But you have to take the time of day into account and Dad just came back from the Esso - I persuaded him to get me a Curly Wurly! Argh! Now it lays beside me, what to do?! Everyday I say I'll go on a bike ride but I keep forgetting. Tomorrow I will DEFINITELY go on the bike ride whilst listening to Busted. See how many songs I can bike for.
When I was about 18 I landed my first boyfriend and it was love. Mr Reliable was everything the parents could wish for; smart, sensible, cheeky, a little bit rich. Don't get me wrong that was everything I wished for too, but I hadn't thought about what would happen when we both moved away to University and met lots of new interesting people. March 2007, first year of Uni, age 20 we split up.

Monday 22nd January 2007
I really feel awful saying this because it feels if I say it it becomes true. I kind of feel weird with Mr Reliable. I kind of feel I need more fun and passion! Everything seems to have become a bit of a drag... I find myself wanting to talk and dance with guys and generally have fun! ...But don't get me wrong, I do really care for him, he will be really upset, it's not like I want to dump him but just see where he is at.
 My young, free Uni days were not that wild. In fact, they were far from wild. Nothing too naughty to report other than many a drunken night on Asda own vodka and a few end of the night snogs. I did make some really good friends though, most of which are still in my life (there's a lot more to this story - definitely needs it's own post). I did become a little naughty when I hit 21 though. I met Mr Rebellious. He was everything the parents did not wish for; an unreliable, little bit dodgy, pot head. Unfortunately for them this was everything I had wished for; it was lust.
Wednesday 7th January 2009...
Speaking of Mr Rebellious it's all pretty weird. He came over a bit over crimbo, met the folks etc. Mother wasn't too impressed! Had fun though over the past few weeks so can't be that bad. Thing is I like spending time with him and stuff but I can't really see things going anywhere he really isn't the sort of person I can have a relationship with, we kind of come from different worlds.
Nearly two years of on-again off-again and I was finally done with Mr Rebellious. It sort of coincided with finishing Uni and starting my 'proper' job. I think I actually thought I should grow up and out of this dysfunctional relationship. Plus he went a bit strange in the end, moving away to live with his Dad then struggled with some mental health issues. Obviously this had nothing to do with all the weed. I spent the next year dealing with my broken heart, just to get it broken again by someone I thought was my best friend (again, this probably needs it's own post). But some amazing stuff happened too; I got my car and I got my flat.

This sort of brings me up-to-date. 25 and making the most of being young, free and single, and sort of making up for those wild times I was too silly not to take advantage of at Uni. I have met some really good friends who are the most un-judgemental people I have probably ever met and yes, we enjoy a drink on a Saturday night. As I hope you have gathered I do not sleep around, it's just not really my thing, but at the moment I am loving getting myself out there and meeting some interesting and not so interesting boys. As I said to my Mum tonight; I am just making the most of being young!