Other things

Tuesday 13 November 2012

I get pierced!

Don't panic, nothing too scary - just my upper ear, but by-god was I a wimp about it. I thought I was being wild and spontaneous; it wasn't even planned, I was just supposed to be accompanying Blondie. We visited KK at her place of work on Saturday afternoon, she works for a high steet jewellers that also pierces teenagers, and babies, teeny tiny ears. I was merely meant to be holding the bags whilst Blondie sat anxiously on the chair in the window. But after seeing Blondie act so cool and collected (at which I was very impressed) I thought; I need to be cool and spontaneous and get this done too.

After half an hour of persuasion from Blondie and KK, and a few random people loitering in the shop, I gave KK the green light and she butchered, erm I mean pierced my ear. It actually didn't hurt at all. I immediately regretted the massive fuss I had been making, hopped off the stool and began strutting around the shop thinking about cool I was. Shame another piercing wasn't on my 30 Things list.

Speaking of which I need to tick a few things off, perhaps I should make it my mission to do this by the end of the year. There are a few of which I am working on...

6. Ride a motorbike
A guy from the pub is a keen motorcyclist - he has said he would show me the ropes. I've just got to be proactive about it and take him up on the offer.

9. Snog a teenager - probably do this every Saturday night, oh well, snog thousands of teenagers?!
Well this still stands although I am probably right, I think I do this most Saturdays, but until I know for sure he is under 20 it will not count. Ah well, best keep on chatting up those young'uns.

16. Be confident with my body for once in my life - pose for naked snaps!
Who hasn't done this?! Perhaps I should take this a little further and vow to get them printed and posted all around my flat in the style of Kim Kardashian. I look just as good as her right?

20. Win money on the lottery - gotta be in it to win it
Involving myself in the syndicate at work for the Euromillions. We have actually won a little but nothing worthy of ticking this off the list for.

21. Give blood
The blood donation people were visiting my local area the other weekend. I did have a lengthy thinking session about it but concluded that it was too soon - I'm still too much of a wimp. Next time, I promise.