Other things

Friday 1 January 2016

Hello 2016

I love a New Year. It's a fresh start, the perfect time to reflect back on your previous year, learn some lessons and look forward to good times ahead. So here goes my now obligatory New Year resolution post.

This year I want to focus on my personal life, I want to fill my week nights and weekends with creative hobbies and exercise. Of course my job is important, it always has been, but I think I just need to address the work-life balance.

I have publicly committed myself (via Instagram) to a #29ToneUp challenge. In just over 7 weeks I will be turning 29, I am already as slim as I was at 22, now I want to tone up and have the hottest bod I have ever had, like ever. I am running, taking walks and doing yoga. Creatively I am putting my mind to good use with new colouring books and my new fave writing journal; 642 Things To Write About. I also want to publish more on here, so watch this space.

This year, much like two years ago, I want to promise myself lots more fun. I want to get dating, start booking in trips and holidays and I want to spend quality time with good friends. I am so lucky to have so many good friends, a bunch of whom have been around for so long - I kinda take them for granted. They are like my chosen family. I know the ones who will always be in my life and that makes them way more important than any guy who could just walk out of my life with just a moments notice.

Recently I have been feeling so much stronger - physically, thanks to my running and yoga, but also mentally. I think that's thanks to the work I've been doing on myself, work with my councillor and just generally taking better care of myself. I realised a little while ago that I was waiting for the day that I wake up and feel like the old me again, the me before all the Mr Boy heart ache.

That is crazy.

I will never go back to how I was two years ago, I can't, too much life stuff has happened. I am never going to wake up one day like 'Oh great, I'm back'. The sadness I feel about everything that has happened is still there, it will probably always make me feel something - just look at my last post about a guy I haven't even seen for 5 years.

All that feeling is OK. It's normal. I can either choose to let it get to me and make me feel weak or I can choose instead to see how far I have come over the last 5 months and use that to make me feel strong. I totally choose the strong option.