Other things

Friday 15 November 2013

Wine, cheese and memory lane

I met up with an old work pal last night. It was lovely. Mind you, what can go wrong on an evening spent with wine, cheese and a good ol' catch up.

It's funny how we just all get on with everyday life and every so often take a few hours out to look back over the last few months, catching up old friends on everything 'life'. Those are the times that are good for reflection. 

For months I've felt like all I do is look back and think about what's been happening the last few months. I felt like I was missing myself out on the everyday life. But catching up my friend last night made me realise that I haven't been completely stuck in the past. I'm doing things, I'm trying to look forward. That's better than it was at the start of the year.

Recently I've been reflecting over the last 3 years, all my drama since finishing Uni. I've crammed in quite a few things. Maybe the stress of this year was all of that catching up with me. Maybe it was the realisation that everything I've been focusing on since I was 19 has paid of and now what. Or maybe I've been focusing on the wrong things all this time. Maybe I should have focused more on love and finding that perfect connection and relationship. I don't know; who does? These are those big questions that will get discussed in a few more months time over more wine and cheese. 

My mantra right now is to just think about today. To be excited about today's plans, focused on doing my best and enjoying things. And today I have good plans. I'm doing cocktails with my bestie. Friday's don't get that much better.