Other things

Thursday 13 June 2013

Progress... I think

I've been feeling good these last few days. I actually feel a lot more like the old me; works been more stable, I've had less than frequent moments of madness and I'm feeling much better with the whole Mr CBA situation. You gotta take things everyday at a time though. The problem with a good few days means I'll probably have a few bad ones, but we'll see. The good ones are getting better at least.

Tonight's date night. I'm really looking forward to it. There's a lot less pressure on a double date, it's casual, less awkward. It should be really fun. I feel like this is another step to getting back to normal and I  really want to get my flirt on again. 

I'm jetting off to sunny weather in a few weeks (four weeks today I'll be bronzed on the beach, but whose counting?!). I'm spending the week with my bestie. Our plan? Well mostly sunning ourselves, eating lovely food and drinking delicious sangria. I also plan to just chill out and sort myself out once and for all. I want to come back amazing! Like transformed. A bit like that moment in Miss Congeniality when Sandra Bullock struts along after her mamouth makeover! I'm going to be refreshed, tanned and not just back to my old self but an even better version of her! 

I realised the other day I've spent the last six months mopping around over boys, work and life when I should be out there living it. The second half of 2013 is going to be ace. It's not going to be easy but I've got to make it happen. Perhaps sometimes you need to take time out to sort your head out, perhaps I've just been reassessing things these last few months. 

One of the things I found sad about losing my nan was that she always helped me gain perspective. I would go to see her with all these silly problems on my mind but she would just be sat there, not a worry in the world and surrounded by such caring friends and family. It made me realise my worries were so trivial. When I'm 88 I won't give a monkeys about that work problem or how I struggled to pay the bills. All I will care about it is my friends and family and staying awake to watch Home and Away at 6. My nan had so many stories to tell, many of which she told over and over again, I loved that. If she was here now she would tell me to cheer up. Not to worry and have fun. So that's what I'm going to do. Thanks Nanna!