Other things

Tuesday 22 January 2013

He's Just Not That Into You

This dating rule goes as follows;
You worry all day about him not texting you back or not arranging that date or not appearing bothered about seeing you. The simple answer that all girls never want to admit to, but probably should always consider when finding themselves in this situation is simply; he is just not that into you.

I first learnt about this rule in Sex and the City - some guy confessed this to Miranda, she found it liberating. Then I heard about the book/film; ever since then it's kinda always in my mind when a guy doesn't appear so keen.

I suppose if your dating a few different guys it helps you weed out the ones not worth any more of your time, but if you actually quite like the guy it can be difficult to digest. Recently I was talking to a girlfriend about a guy she was seeing, she was confused by his very hot and cold nature; he started off very hot, very persistent, very into her. Then all of a sudden he goes cold; one word texts, skirting around the subject of meeting up again - she was left puzzled. We obviously discussed endless possibilities of him being busy at work, maybe having difficulty with home stuff or maybe playing games (As a side note, my opinion on boys playing games goes like this; I honestly don't think regular guys play games, they simply CBA).

I try not to sugar coat things, as harsh as it may seem (but I like to think honest) I floated the rule that maybe He's Just Not That Into You, to which she replied; "Of course! It makes so much sense...". I then went on to say that if he was interested in her then he would call or text, told her not to bother with him - he knows where you are. Quite a good test I think, but leaving her in limbo? Maybe.

OK, so am I being cynical or just realistic? Could it be possible that this kind of guy maybe lost his phone or maybe lost your number or perhaps his dog died? I personally believe if he is interested then he would want to call or text or see you - this isn't too idealistic, is it? Surely this cannot be too much to ask for? Maybe it is.